What is needed:
- Vuzix Blade Upgraded
How to connect Vuzix Blade Upgraded the to the Vuzix Companion App on your smartphone
- Start the Vuzix Blade Upgraded and put it on.
- Go to the settings menu.
- In the settings menu open ‘Companion Link’. The Vuzix Blade Upgraded is now looking for a QR code.
- If Bluetooth is turned off a popup will appear that says ‘Bluetooth Required’. Click on ‘Yes’ to turn on Bluetooth.
- On your smartphone open the Vuzix Companion App.
- In the Vuzix Companion App agree to the ToS and click start setup.
- Keep clicking on next till a QR code is displayed.
- Hold the Smartphone with the QR code in front of the camera of the Vuzix Blade Upgraded.
- Once the QR code is scanned, your Vuzix Blade Upgraded and smartphone will show the devices are linked to each other by a ‘Connected’ notification.
- You can now name your Vuzix Blade Upgraded, this name will now be shown if someone is searching for a Bluetooth device.
- Click next to open the 3. Personalize screen.
- On this screen you can choose which apps are allowed to show notifications. Disable the ones you do not want to get any notifications from.
- Click next to open the 3. Tutorial screen.
- Here you will get a short tutorial on how to use the basic gestures on your Vuzix Blade Upgraded.
- Click on next, a congratulations screen will appear.
- Click on Finish to complete connecting the Vuzix Blade Upgraded to a smartphone.