What is needed:
- Pico G2 4K (S or Enterprise) in developer mode
- Windows PC
- USB-C cable
- 360 video in an mp4 format
What is the purpose of the video kiosk mode?The purpose of the video kiosk mode is simply, that the user can do nothing but watch the desired 360 videos. When you wake up the VR headset and / or start it up, it immediately starts playing a 360 video. When the headset then goes back to sleep, you can choose to have the 360 degree video replay or pick up where the user left off. The Pico kiosk mode can convert stereoscopic and mesoscopic videos in 2D. It can play in 180 and 360 formats.
Rename the 360 videos on your computerThe video kiosk mode supports multiple types of 360 videos. This makes it important to ‘encode’ the video name.
- Start the video name with a number, such as: 01_ or 02_ or 08_. The videos will be played in this order. Please take this into account when assigning a song to the video.
- Then you can name the video as you would like. This could be anything.
- Finally, add the type of video that applies to your video. See the table below for an overview of the different types of videos and their corresponding code.
|Type of Video||Code|
|3D video with left and right side image combined.||_3D_LR|
|3D video with top and bottom side image combined.||_3D_TB|
|3D 360 video in top and bottom format.||_3D360_TB|
|3D 360 video in top and bottom format.||_3D360_LR|
|3D 180 video in top and bottom format.||_3D180_TB|
|3D 180 video in left and right format.||_3D180_LR|
Create a new folder on your computerThe next step is to create a new folder on your computer with a specific name. Here you have 2 choices:
- Name the folder “video_replay” if you want the video to play from the beginning when the headset is put on.
- Name the folder “video_continue” if you want the video to continue where it left off when turned off or taken off during sessions.
Side-loading applications on to the Pico G2 4KTo establish the Pico video kiosk mode, you need to sideload 3 applications on the Pico headset. 1 APK: Auto Play Service (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o0Qa5e6jCL2ug0V2McTw920LDivajzkI/view) 2 APK : Video Player (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dWbm2lBHg4xIbp3OwZ4hgei0Vyxv7p7o/view) 3 APK : VRLauncher (https://drive.google.com/file/d/11wT-DloDPjSKjuwugOhIBCGiPO_UX4nh/viewsideload) Follow the steps below to install the APK’s on your headset:
- Connect the Pico headset to the computer with a USB cable.
- Download the above APK’s.
- Navigate to the Pico headset with the Windows file explorer.
- Copy the downloaded APKs to the internal storage space of the headset.
- Now put on the Pico G2 4K headset and go to “File manager” from the main menu in the Pico.
- At the top of your screen you can choose from ” Videos, images and APKs ”. Select APKs.
- Finally, select the applications to install them.