What is Remote Eye?Remote Eye is one of the largest remote expert platforms at the moment and distinguishes itself from other platforms because it has many functionalities.
Step-by-step plan to get started with Remote Eye and RealWear HMT-1
What do I need to get started with Remote Eye?Before you can get started with Remote Eye, it is important to have a RealWear HMT-1 in your possession. In addition, you must have access to the Remote Eye expert login this can be done by applying for a Remote Eye license. VR Expert can help organise this for you.
Installing Remote Eye on the RealWear HMT-1After applying for the licenses, Remote Eye must be installed on the RealWear HMT-1. The easiest way to do this is through RealWear’s cloud management environment, Foresight. When purchasing a RealWear HMT-1, you can request a login code from Foresight or ask your dealer to install the application for you. VR Expert is happy to help you in this process. If you are going to install Remote EYE on the RealWear yourself, you can link your device to Foresight, by means of the serial number. You can then add the Remote Eye application to the device, after which it will be installed automatically as soon as the RealWear HMT-1 has internet connection.
Logging in to Remote EyeTo log in to Remote Eye, first go to the Remote Eye expert page, which can be found via the following link: app.remoteeye.com. Attention! Please note that not all browsers are supported by Remote Eye. We advise you to use Google Chrome to avoid any problems. Then log in to the Remote Eye expert page with the login details that you obtained when purchasing your license. After logging in you will be taken to your contacts page. Here you can call all online devices. All devices that are online will be highlighted in green.
Logging in to the RealWear HMT-1When the application is installed on the RealWear HMT-1, you can open the application by saying the voice commands ” My programs ” and then ” Remote Eye ” in the main menu. To use Remote Eye, you must first log in. This can be done using the voice-activated keyboard. The login name and password must then be spoken aloud letter by letter. Another, perhaps faster, way to log in is to download the RealWear Companion app on your smartphone. After downloading the application, you can enter the username and password on your smartphone, after which a QR code will be generated that can be scanned by the RealWear. When the Remote Eye application is first opened, a 4-digit code will appear on the screen of the RealWear. Then open the Remote Expert site on the computer, and click on the blue plus sign at the top left of the screen. Then enter the 4-digit code. You can choose to add the device to the current Remote Expert, or to all Remote Expert accounts in your organization. You are now ready to get started with Remote Eye on the RealWear HMT-1!
Calling with Remote Eye on the RealWear HMT-1When a headset is online, it will be displayed in green, and red when the contact is offline. Click on “Call ” on an online contact to initiate a video connection with the headset. There are two different ways to make a call; Direct and Routed.
- Direct: Direct conversation between two points, so the video quality remains good even if there is a bad internet connection.
- Routed: Communication goes through an external server.
Multi-CallWith this function, the expert behind the screen can add multiple people to the current call. This works as follows:
- Step 1: The expert requests the invitation code by clicking on the share icon. The invitation code is then generated on the right
- Step 2: The expert then shares the invitation code with another user. He then clicks on the multi-call icon and enters the invitation code to join the conversation
“Screen sharing” Remote Eye on RealWear HMT-1The expert panel can easily be shared with the user of the RealWear HMT-1. Use this tool to share documents with the user. Click the screen share icon to start or stop screen sharing
Making screenshots and annotations in Remote EyeThe expert can take a screenshot, then add notes or annotations and send it back to the RealWear user. There are two ways to do this:
- Screenshots: The screenshot is taken of the video by clicking the image icon. This is the fastest way, but it is at the expense of the quality of the image.
- HD Mode: When the photo icon is clicked, the video connection will be stopped for a few seconds; the camera then takes a real HD photo and sends it to the expert. This way is a bit slower, but the quality of the image is better.
- Live drawing: By clicking on the drawing icon, the image is sent to the RealWear user. When the Expert then draws in the image, the drawing is shown live on the RealWear display.
- Record video: Tap the video icon to start or stop a video recording. The video will be available in the library. Clicking on the video thumbnail will play the video in a new tab in your browser. Here the video can be downloaded to your computer.