In many cases, it can be useful if the user of the HTC Vive Focus Plus only has access to the applications intended for them. Think of training, events and exhibitions. For this, HTC has come up with a handy function called Kiosk Mode. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at what Kiosk Mode is and how it can be set up on the HTC Vive Focus Plus.
What is Kiosk Mode?
Kiosk Mode is a custom mode where the user of the HTC Vive Focus Plus can only access preset applications. It can also be switched to this mode to ensure customers only see specific experiences or to ensure that that they do not shut down the application by mistake during a training session.
Setting up Kiosk Mode on the HTC Vive Focus Plus
Choose which applications the user can see when using the HTC Vive Focus in Kiosk Mode. An access code and permissions can also be set for the Kiosk Mode. Follow these steps to set up Kiosk Mode on the Vive Focus:
- Press the Home button on your controller to open the shortcut menu.
- Navigate to Settings and then to More Settings.
- Scroll (click and drag) to Wireless & Networks and navigate to Kiosk Mode > Apps.
- Now select the applications you want to show when Kiosk mode is enabled.
- Select Enable Password to require an access code to be entered to exit Kiosk Mode. (An access code will help prevent a user from exiting kiosk mode and then accessing data from the Vive Focus).
- Select Allow Wi-Fi Configuration and Allow Cast (VR) Screen to change the Wi-Fi Cast and institutions in Kiosk Mode.
- Finally, make sure that the slider (top right next to Kiosk mode) is to the right and is colored green. Kiosk mode is now ready to use.
- Select back.
Activating Kiosk Mode on the HTC Vive Focus
After you have set the kiosk mode, the mode is not yet activated on the HTC Vive Focus. You can activate kiosk mode through the following steps:
- When wearing the headset, press and hold the power button for about 3 seconds to open a menu screen.
- Then select Go to Kiosk Mode. Kiosk mode will be started automatically.
You have now successfully set up and enabled kiosk mode on the Vive Focus Plus VR Headset.
Turning Kiosk Mode off on the HTC Vive Focus Plus
To exit kiosk mode, hold the power button for about 3 seconds and select exit kiosk mode. You will be asked for an access code when it is set. Then the kiosk mode is disabled on the HTC Vive Focus.
Do you have questions about how to put the HTC Vive Focus Plus into video kiosk mode?