ClickCease
0

Your Cart

0

Your shopping cart is empty

My Cart

0,-

countryLogo Business
  • Expert advice
  • Pay By Invoice
  • 9,3/10 rating by clients
  • Global delivery
  • Free Trial Service

Koenig & Bauer – RealWear HMT-1Z1

The roots of the Koenig & Bauer Group date back to 1817, when the company was founded in Würzburg, Germany. Koenig & Bauer is the oldest printing press manufacturer in the world and offers the broadest product portfolio in its industry.

The company specializes in particular in the development and manufacture of technologically innovative and cost-effective printing systems and the associated peripheral equipment. High quality and flexibility in the face of market changes and customer requirements are the hallmarks of Koenig & Bauer.

Today, the company is proud to call itself the world market and technology leader in large-format sheetfed offset printing, as well as in banknote, security, metal decorating and newspaper printing.

The Client

Koenig & Bauer

Services

Advice, Shipment

The Challenge

Improve customer troubleshooting and support customers more efficiently.

Usage

Remote support

The Challenge

When it comes to customer troubleshooting, Koenig & Bauer has already succeeded in directly resolving around 80% of faults with the help of remote maintenance by phone. In order to improve this strong rate even further and to be able to support customers more efficiently with the remaining 20% of inquiries, Koenig & Bauer went in search of an innovative solution.

In the process, the company came across augmented reality technology and decided to use smart glasses – to be able to offer its own customers even better and faster remote support.

The Solution

Koenig & Bauer decided to use the RealWear HMT-1, as well as its ATEX version HMT-1Z1, as remote support solution in the company. The HMT-1Z1 is the only AR headset that has an ATEX Zone 1 certification, which allows it to be used in hazardous areas.

Some of Koenig & Bauer’s clients use solvent-based inks for printing jobs. Explosive and highly flammable gases are emitted in these production environments, necessitating the use of ATEX-certified equipment. Conventional smart glasses or mobile devices are strictly prohibited in these areas.

Nevertheless, Koenig & Bauer wanted to offer the customers audio-visual support even under these difficult production conditions, which is now guaranteed by the use of the RealWear HMT-1Z1.

In addition, RealWear’s smart glasses are very robust and can be operated hands-free via voice commands, making them ideal for Koenig & Bauer’s use case.

By using the RealWear HMT-1Z1, Koenig & Bauer can now help all customers even faster and more efficiently. This enables the remote maintenance specialists to support more customers in the same period of time.

Cookie consent

To provide the best experience, we use technologies such as cookies to store and/or access device information. By consenting to these technologies we can process data such as which pages are visited on this site. We only use this data for our own insights and do not use 3rd party trackers.

×
×

Basket